Playing the guitar for hours can be painful, especially to your neck and back. Because of the way the guitar is held, the result is often a painful muscle imbalance, according to Guitar Instruction Video. Avoiding neck pain from playing the guitar is possible if certain measures are taken. With information and exercise tips, you can avoid most of the neck injuries associated with playing guitar.
- Warm up your body and muscles by stretching your arms and neck. Stay hydrated and constantly drink water during warm-up and into your playing session.
- Take a two-minute break for every 20 minutes of playing. This will keep your posture from slumping too much when you play. Guitarists tend to slump over their guitars, especially when sitting down and playing.
- Every 40 minutes or so, take a five minute break. Walk around the room, continue drinking water and perform the same stretches you did in warm-up.
- Stretch your neck after playing. Be slow and gentle with your stretches. An effective neck stretch involves bringing your ear to one of your shoulders and slowing rotating your neck around your shoulders. Do this for about two minutes.
- Stretch your neck and back using two tennis balls dropped in two long socks. Place the two balls on the ground, lying horizontally next to each other. Lie on the balls with the top of your back, each ball resting just below each shoulder blade. Using your legs, rotate your back on the tennis balls, loosening the knots in your upper back and lower neck.
How to Get Dirt Off Your Neck eHowwww.ehow.com Grooming Grooming Basics
Dirt is everywhere when you go outside; thus, it's difficult to avoid. Before you know it, you could be sporting an ugly and quite noticeable dirt spot on your neck ...
How to Choose a Guitar - Guitars that are easy to play and ideal ...www.firstguitar.com/Articles/HowtoChoosetheRightGuitar.html
The following key issues are critical in selecting your guitar and even more so if youre selecting it for your child. As a parent, grandparent or caregiver, you ...
How to understand & use modes in guitar playing - eMusicTheory Forumsforum.emusictheory.com/read.php?5,5040
I've been having trouble understanding modes & even more trouble finding people that know it well enough to help with it. Does that mean it's not important or relative?
Barre Chord Basics How to Play Barre Chords A Guitar Teacher's ...www.heartwoodguitar.com/blog/2005/05/25/barre-chord-basics
I've decided to start sprinkling tips among my longer tutorials and articles. Here's the first... Barre chords are the scourge of the beginning guitarist.
How to Finally Play the Guitar: 80/20 Guitar and Minimalist Musicwww.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2012/12/11/how-to-play-the-guitar
When will you stop dreaming and start playing? (Photo: Musician Lights, Credit: Shandi-lee) I've always wanted to play the guitar. It started as a
How to Ease Finger Soreness when Learning to Play Guitar: 7 Stepswww.wikihow.com Music Musical Instruments Guitar
How to Ease Finger Soreness when Learning to Play Guitar. Ask just about anyone who's learned to play guitar, and they'll tell you that learning to play was one of ...
How to Hold the Guitar (Lesson 3 of 19) - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=trSwyHmd2Ks
Check out Bas Rutten's Liver Shot on MMA Surge: http://bit.ly/MMASurgeEp1 Lesson 3: How to Hold the Guitar ----- ----- Learning the correct way to hold ...
How to use yoga to release neck and shoulder tension - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=lIzKvibvons
Learn guitar chords for FREE through our new game Chord Master: http://bit.ly/ChordMasterYT http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-use-yoga... Stress can build up ...
avoiding and healing pain from guitar playingwww.guitar-instruction-video.com/pain_free.htm
Pain-Free Guitar Playing: Avoiding and Healing the Mechanical Problems of Guitar Players. Playing guitar can be painful, particularly if you stay ...
How to Play Bass Guitar for Beginners: Free Tips & Lessonswww.mahalo.com/how-to-play-bass-guitar-for-newbies
Learn how to play the bass guitar in no time! Expert HD videos show you how to play bass chords, slap grooves, and easy songs to cover for beginners.